The open road

The open road
Running my leg of the Bison 50. 10/27/13

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Second chances

When I have a bad race experience, I usually don't hurry to sign up the next year.  There are a multitude of races that I can choose from locally and race entries are not cheap. Last year, I ran the Go Girl Half and didn't have much positive to say. I won't list all my grievances here, but I did let other runners know that I wasn't running it again.  
But they kept sending emails. Kept showing the huge medal.  And so many of my running pals were doing it.  So I signed up crossing my fingers that it would be better this time.  
Thank goodness I gave it a second chance!  Course was much improved, support was better, and the post-race food was great!  But, the best part was: a new pr by 8 minutes and 27 seconds!!  Thank you Go Girl Half for a great race!
 

1 comment:

  1. The medal is gigantic! You could use it as a weapon!

    ReplyDelete